|Lily Ng 的开口笑叉烧包/Lily's Wide Smiling Bao|
要做开口笑的叉烧包， 一直都做不成， 在Lily Ng 的部落格看到了她的成品很吸引人， 把她的食谱做了翻译， 希望朋友们你试做成功， 与我分享喜悦！。。。翻译了开口笑叉烧包的食谱， 转载自以下网址Lily Ng 的部落格。
|我的咪咪笑叉烧包/My Not Crackling Baos|
Below is the recipe translated from Lily Ng's blog in hope that someone will try out and share with me the happiness of seeing the Baos smiling wide at them, Lily's blog is http://lilysbest.blogspot.com/2012/03/smile-paubao.html,
Measurement is converted to metric as Malaysian is used to metric./ 我把重量改成公制， 比较好计算。
1. How to make the Starter Dough/面种:
227g 包粉 + 1茶匙即发酵母 + 1汤匙细糖 + 125g水， 混合搓揉均匀后， 盖起， 发酵4小时至面团发起丰富的泡泡和酒香味。Mix 8 ozs pau flour with 1 tsp instant yeast, 1 tbsp fine granulated sugar and 1/2 cup water for a start. Adjust water, a little at a time, until a slightly wet dough is achieved. Cover with a plastic wrap and prick a few holes on the wrap. Leave this dough to ferment until FOAMY AND YEASTY. (my starter dough was ready in 4 hrs).
包子做法/To Make the Pau/Bao Dough:
4 ozs Starter Dough/ 114g 面种
2 ozs fine granulated sugar/ 56g 细砂糖
1 tsp double action baking powder/1茶匙双发粉
1/2 tsp Ammonium bicarbonate/半茶匙食用铵摩尼亚粉
A tiny drop of potassium carbonate & sodium bi-carbonate solution a.k.a. Kan Sui/ 1/4茶匙碱水
3 tsp water/ 3汤匙水
1 tbsp lard/shortening/1汤匙猪油或白油
5 tbsp pau flour/5汤匙（平匙）包粉
4 tbsp wheat starch/4汤匙（平匙）澄粉
1。 秤出114g的面种， 加入56g的细砂糖， 搓揉至砂糖充分溶化。
Weigh 4 ozs of starter dough and add in 2 ozs fine granulated sugar. Mix these 2 together well until the sugar is dissolved.
2. 在个小容器内，混合1/2茶匙的双发粉， 1/2茶匙的食用铵摩尼亚粉， 1/4茶匙碱水， 2汤匙水， 搅拌至全部溶化后， 加入面种团内继续搓揉均匀。
Mix 1/2 tsp double action baking powder, 1/2 tsp ammonium bicarbonate, a drop of kan sui with 2 tsp water. Mix to dissolve and add in to starter dough mixture. Mix well to combine.
3. 加入5汤匙的包粉及4汤匙的澄粉， 搓揉至形成柔软的面团。（可能会需要加些水分， 视包种面团的湿度而定）， 加入1汤匙的猪油或白油， 继续搓揉。 把面团擀开， 用1汤匙的水溶解1/2汤匙的双发粉， 平均的涂搽在擀开的面团表面, 卷起面团， 继续搓揉至发粉充分在面团内散布均匀。再把面团分割成8 到10个小面团， 滚圆。
Add in 5 tbsp pau flour and 4 tbsp wheat starch and knead to a soft dough. (a little more water might be needed as it depends on how wet the starter dough is). Add in 1 tbsp lard/shortening and knead well. Flatten dough and spread it out, dissolve 1/2 tsp double action baking powderwith 1 tsp water,rub this all over the spread out dough, Fold the dough in and knead well, so that all the baking powder is well spread. Dough is ready to be divided into 8 - 10 portions, depending on how big a pau/bao you want.
4. 把面团压扁， 包入叉烧馅， 尽量把顶部的包子皮包厚些， 有助于开口笑。
Flatten one portion and put 1 tsp of Char Siew Filling. Pick up the edges and wrap up the filling, make sure that there is more dough on top, it will ensure smiling blossom. You do not have to pleat just ensure that the edges are sealed well. Place filled pau/bao on top of a piece of parchment paper, put it onto a steamer and cover with a damp cloth. Continue to fill up the other portions.
Bring the water and 1 tbsp vinegar in a steamer to high boil.
6. 入锅蒸前， 在包子的表面喷些水雾， 但别太湿。大火蒸12分钟。 要确定蒸笼别漏气， 最好是用湿毛巾把笼边封好， 把水蒸汽锁在蒸笼内， 高热有助于包子开花。
Spray the filled paus/baos with water lightly, do not drown them and put to steam for 12 minutes. Ensure that the water is on boiling high and DO SEAL the edges of the cover with wet towels, to seal in the heat. The hotter the steam, the better the SMILE.
7. 包子蒸好后， 不能马上吃， 需要把包子放冷后再蒸12分钟多一次， 把铵摩尼亚的臭气蒸发掉才好吃。 When the paus/baos are ready, remove from the steamer and allow it to cool. Do not serve them as the smell of the ammonium bicarbonate has not dissipate. Before serving, steam the paus/baos for another 12 minutes.
8. 如果您不打算在24小时内用完面种， 把它分成2份结冰起来， 可以耐放2个月。 使用前把它取出放在台上回温至室温， 即可开始作业。If you are not planning to use the starter dough within the next 24 hours, refrigerate it. It will keep for up to 2 months. To use, remove from refrigerator ahead of time and leave at room temperature until the starter has lost it's chill.
Lily Ng 的开口笑叉烧包， 不同的手法包出不同的照型包子。 都很漂亮！
Wish I could make the baos as good as Lily Ng shown below: